Maybe if I made a list of glitches that people are having then maybe they can realize they aren’t the only ones having the same problems.
- Decreasing/increasing body weight on my Sim in CAS, the body parts detach from the whole Sim. For example, when I’m increasing body weight, the Sim’s torso detaches from the body. Likewise, while I’m decreasing the body weight, the Sim’s torso moves away from the rest of the body. Another glitch/bug is that when I increase my Sim’s muscle mass in CAS, there is no visible change.
- Changing the category of clothing, Sim’s hair color changes, Sim gets a different hairstyle, Sim gets added accessories, and Sim’s eyebrows change.
- The cheapest shower’s arrow ‘faces’ the wrong direction, It’s supposed to point where you enter from but is on the wrong side.
This makes it annoying while building a small house, I didn’t pay a maid $125, so he went to steal a chair.
BUT now the chair is “attached” with the desk… and on the desk was a laptop…
I owed him $125 and he took over $5500 worth…
- Audio making weird crazy noises.
- Applied for a job in the athletic career, there’s this spot by the stadium that won’t go away.
- Random single males have babies with no mothers.
- The game randomly deletes families and asexually reproduces kids with no explanations.
- Children moved out of the house, took a life of their own with story progression off.
- Can get to Create- a-Sim for a while, 10 minutes or so, computer screen turns black and system shuts down.
- Female character had a small glitch in moodlet panel, the “Cozy Fire” moodlet when the family did not have a fireplace.
- This only seems to affect the mom Sim. Once mom had her first baby, she would pretend to hold an infant, and when sitting or laying down she would alternate between the correct position and a standing position. There were some spacial issues while she attempted to train her toddler to walk for the first time.
- Roofs are disappearing after modifying house.
- Hair disappearing.
- Game going black, causing computer to freeze.
- Negative moodlet fails to leave after 10 minutes.
- Halfway through loading the screen start blinking and goes into a blinking version of the Create-a-Sim mode where it will continue to blink. [Sounds like a graphics card problem.]
- Protesters are blocking the walkway, other Sims can’t/won’t move around them.
- Taught a toddler to talk and now neither her or the mom can do anything except sit there, frozen.
- Having troubles downloading; says the code was ‘already used or invalid’.
- Baby bottle that can’t be deleted or a Sims can’t pick it up. [There’s a cheat code that can fix this one.]
- Had a paper to recycle and threw it away in trash can then all of a sudden there’s a message saying that the Sims was being inappropriate and was kicked out of the house and was told to leave making the Sims hate that Sim.
- Time controls not changing.
- The television never cuts off even in ‘buy/build mode’ or when the game is paused, the television even still have sound coming from it.
- Families losing cars.
- Sims getting stuck in showers.
- Carpool still arrives even when Sims have a car. Sometimes the Sims would leave from work carpool but it would take a cab with the carpool sitting next to the cab.
- Download manager isn’t managing [working].
- Okay, I got my Sim to call up on a maid, and as she came (and actually wrecked the house), I decided to go get some groceries (they were holding a sale or something). As my Sim was walking to the grocery store, the maid said she was done and was leaving.So my Sim got all the goods and such. When I tried directing him home, I noticed something funny on the map. When I clicked on the green house sign, it said “No interactions available.” Huh? It’s my own house!When my Sim came back he was as dumbfounded as me as to how to get inside his house when the game didn’t think it was his. He knew it was his house though, and recycled the newspapers outdoors (neat trait).
- Cutting ‘Story Progression’ to ‘off’ does not work.
- When the pizza is delivered and my Sim wants to try to eat it, but no table space anywhere and it goes into inventory, but in the inventory when I click “Grab a Slice” My Sim will go to the closest table and go into an infinite loop of finding table space, look at yummy pizza, no table space -> put into inventory -> repeat.
- The Story Progression toggle is broken – it is on whether you want it on or not.
- Crazy endless spawning of babies in households that I am not playing.
- Single men all of a sudden have a baby on their porch.
- Family households that are not being played will all of a sudden have some single Sim move in with them.
- Guitars get stuck to Sims in very odd positions.
- Girl Sim stands up in the middle of her bed and her arms are posed as if she is holding a baby, and then she snaps back to bed for a few seconds, and repeats.
- Saves don’t function on all parts of a lot or family: If you switch from one active family to another, you cause everything in Personal Inventory of family A to be sold, and give you the appropriate funding, unless it’s a used item, such as a laptop or a guitar, which stays. This includes the Lifetime Reward “Collection Helper” (the $6000 is NOT compensation IMO).
- Turning off aging is buggy: The time bar ’til next age will fill randomly, but they will not age, and it will reload when next you go to Map View.
- Experiment Auras will not always show (Going to Map View and coming back will fix this).
- Sim and her toddler are floating in space next to my house. They are selectable, but they can’t move anywhere.
- When you have a toddler sitting on the floor watching TV, and the parents are also watching the TV. They are talking back and forth. When the toddler speaks it’s upper body stretches.
- Taught a toddler to talk and now neither her or the mom can do anything except sit there, frozen.
- Items purchased with Sim Points through the TS3 store disappearing after downloading and installing requiring them to be re-downloaded and reinstalled.
- Entire families disappearing and reappearing from the Main Menu.
- Lighthouse not seen anywhere in map view appears in view from my Sim’s lot.
- Message telling you that bills are due, but no mail being delivered. Or bills already paid not being “credited”.
- Items that I never bought or downloaded from the store are showing up in my account history purchases list.
- Unable to ride bike after purchasing in Buy mode. Message appears saying that no interactions are available.
- All color disappearing from household items that have been designed/recolored.
- I’ve tried running the game in windowed mode and it likes to freeze up on me. The game will lock up for a minute or two and then unfreeze only to freeze up when I click on another command. I didn’t notice it last night while playing but this morning it happened constantly while in build mode.
- So basically, I’ve been downloading clothes and hairstyles off the sims 3 website for my sims and i find that when i go to try the custom content on it keeps closing down back to windows but its still at the bottom so I can click back on it. I got used to this because it closes down for each item and then it works, But if i go to a wardrobe and do it or a mirror and i also have the ‘testingcheatsenabled true’ cheat also.
When i go back to play mode I cant click on anything, all I can do it teleport and if I click on another Sim I can make them have a birthday or add them to my family.
- TEENAGER disappeared, when the police took him because he was hanging out too late. To be exact, when he and the policeman were in the car, instead of starting the car (with those two inside it) disappeared and I couldn’t anymore find my teenager boy anywhere or even call him.
- Well my problem is whenever I am playing after a certain amount of time my game stops and just pretend my sims was saying hello the game would go ” he . . he . . . he . . .” etc and go back to the desktop with no error reports or nothing just as if nothing has happened. Also when i return back to the desktop all my icons are big and everything is in such low quality ! i try to click back on the game but it says something like ” video / graphics card not found please check system.
- When in build/buy mode, this happens 10 times more. Esp. when a you’ve entered a cheat.:The game freezes. As you wait, it gets worse. You are unable to move the mouse. All sound messes up. This makes a sound before it goes silent. Kinda like a record stopping. Next, the BSoD comes and states: An error has occurred. You may want to uninstall any recently installed programs.
- I had a family of a mom a daughter and the mom’s boyfriend. I moved the mom’s boyfriend into his own house. The mom and the boyfriend had a baby together. I went to change households and I wanted the boyfriend to be the active household. Except when I went to his house, no one lived there. I went to his son’s family tree and it still said he was alive. He isn’t in any of the relationships but he is still on a family tree.
I had another family that had six kids. I moved two of the older kids out when they were young adults and then I didn’t play with the family for a while. I just got back to the family today and sure enough a set of twins and another son is gone.
I have no idea what to do! They were only toddlers and they are literally just disappearing. I know it’s not something with me saving the game because there are younger siblings on the game.
- I had a family of with a man and a woman, they were totally in love and had already three kids, but the option to get them married or even dating simply NEVER APPEARED! So anyone else could flirt with them and they didn’t mind
Some of these sound like computer issues and not the game others sound like glitches due to the computer and well so on and so forth. Hopefully, EA will come through with that ‘Same day patch’ before people start flipping over cars and setting their houses on fire. [I mean in the Sims game.]